The SEO is committed to connecting students with viable work opportunities in the 2020/2021 academic year.
We continue to engage with many on and off-campus employers to keep our Jobs Database up to date with available opportunities. Many employers have been able to modify their jobs to meet remote criteria.
- The Jobs Database is accessible to students with a HarvardKey.
- The Jobs Database is updated daily.
The SEO continues to serve as a resource for students who are seeking different types of employment opportunities.
To accommodate remote positions for enrolled students, and for students who cannot complete their I9 on campus, I9’s can be completed with the SEO via Zoom. More information on that process can be found here. Please contact the SEO at email@example.com to schedule a time to complete your I9.
Federal Work Study Program
- For graduate students, the federal work study program will proceed normally for the upcoming fall 2020 semester.
- Please note that students living outside of the United States are unable to use Federal Work Study funds for remote positions.
- There have been many questions regarding the Federal Work Study program for this coming fall. Please understand that while we will not have a large on-campus presence, enrolled students are still eligible to be employed in on-campus and off-campus positions. We understand some employers may not offer remote operations and they would require students to be in-person to complete certain job functions. It is expected that employers will follow state guidelines regarding re-opening, cleanliness, and social distancing. We acknowledge that there is a strong demand for work amongst our students and many employers may benefit from utilizing federal work study students. We want to keep those opportunities, but safety is a priority. Students looking for positions that are on-site should discuss safety protocols with their employer. We also encourage employers to act with transparency and disclose safety measures up front.