The Student Employment Office can provide you with the general information necessary to satisfy your filing obligations. Ultimate responsibility for the reporting and payment of taxes lies with you. Harvard staff members are not permitted to give individual tax advice, and we would suggest that you seek professional advice from a qualified accountant or attorney if you encounter complicated tax situations.

Before starting your first student job at Harvard or an off-campus FWSP job, you must complete a W4 form to designate how much the University should withhold from your paycheck for taxes. You can complete this process online through Peoplesoft after you have been hired by your employing department.

Entering Tax Withholding Information in PeopleSoft

  • Log in at

  • Navigate to: Self-Service > My Pay > W-4 Tax Information

  • If you're unable to log in to Harvie it means that your employer has not hired you into the Harvard Peoplesoft system yet.

  • Unsure about how much to withhold? Use the IRS Withholding Calculator.

Need a Copy of Your W-2 Form for Tax Filing?

You can access it online:

Important Links: